…. now there’s an eternal question that everyone intends to solve. Lets start at the very beginning. It is absolute undisputed fact that the chicken DID cross the road. There is no denying that this act happened at some point in history. But the dispute lies in the fact that why did the chicken do so.
Maybe it was a Monday morning at it was late to work and decided to take a short cut. Maybe it fell in love with a rooster on the neighbouring farm and wanted to meet him for a nibble at the local “Seed-bucks” or maybe it was depressed and suicidal. Maybe the chicken wanted to learn about its family history which is also shrouded in darkness (i.e. which came first the chicken or the egg??) , it probably thought that it might find answers at the local library on the other side of the road. Who knows??
Here are some statements made(apparently) by some important minds of the last century with respect to this baffling question 😉
- Albert Einstein: Whether the chicken crossed the road or the road moved beneath the chicken depends upon your frame of reference.
- Morpheus (from Matrix): Neo. There is no chicken.
- Sigmund Freud: The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying insecurity.
- Richard Nixon: The chicken did not cross the road. I repeat, the chicken did NOT cross the road.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.: I have a dream! I have a dream of a day, when ALL chickens can cross ALL roads without having their motives called into question!
PS : Have heard so many funny jokes wrt this question over the years , decided to incorporate some of the funniest I have heard into a post. I wish I had come up with them 😀