I remember what I wrote in this very blog at the end of 2016, about how I had big plans for 2017 and my prayer was for those plans to work out. The blessing in my life has been seeing how those plans worked out and some of them turning out better than I had ever could have imagined.
- I found some me time. Actually I found loads of me time.
- Got to fulfill a long held resolution and learnt how to swim.
- In the end I can claim to being 30 pounds lighter physically and a 1000 kilos lighter mentally.
- I got to explore more of the world and re-familiarise myself with the place which is native to my family.
- My little brother got married this year and in the truest sense of the term, I was able to be there for him in every way through that period.
- Saw a major career development which has led me to return to my job with the words Senior and VP somewhere in the title. (And I might as well mention that I have discovered that top jobs bring with it a few extremely interesting perks).
- Rediscovered the side in me that is so much more open to discovery. Had over the years fallen into the rut of reading and watching what everyone else was. It feels good to have broken the mould and have once again been finding material independent of external recommendations, which has resulted in my outlook and knowledge becoming richer because of that choice.
- Learnt to cook almost the entire range of dishes associated with my ancestral part of the world.
- Spent some quality time with the people I cherish and share more of myself with them, versus the fly by visits I had grown accustomed to over the years.
2017 has been a good year and I am incredibly grateful for having had a year that allowed me to take stock of so much that my life has led to. I turn 35 next year and since traditionally it has come to symbolise the mid point of ones lifetime which has the best of all aspects of life. None of the indecisiveness or relative poverty of the teens and 20’s, while largely retaining the health, energy and looks from the past decade. Not yet to mature or worldly to not see and enjoy the world as it is.
2018 is going to be spectacular!!