It’s wonderful that as life has progressed, some of the joys it offers have still remained magical. And thankfully my heart warms up to them with the same intensity as it has done forever.
- The smell of rain on fresh baked earth.
- The smell of freshly brewed coffee and how the first sip makes me feel every single morning.
- That day in spring where the world turns into the freshest shade of green.
- A really good kiss. (It’s weird how rare these are).
- Puppies and the way they make your soul smile.
- Time spent in the company of friends with whom you can be your self. The conversations, the laughs and that feeling of being completely safe.
- My moms cooking.
- Movie marathons with the sibling.
- The sound of the ocean (or a river or the lapping sounds at the edge of a lake).
- The feeling of hot water running down your back in the shower on a cold day.
- The smell of a library.
- Looking through treasures(and pictures) collected over the course of my travels.
- Driving really fast on an empty road while the rest of the world is asleep.
- And every single time this happens.
Btw, on a completely unrelated note, I’m loving all the inmyfeelingschallenge videos. Great fun.
How can something that looks so good taste so bad?!! Wonder why all those people raving about cloud eggs not adding a disclaimer that it tastes quite pathetic.
It sure as hell photographs well though.
I’m definitely sad about saying goodbye to my Blue June bug. But super happy to call this shiny gorgeous machine all mine!!
It’s like Laiko Bahrs said
When baking, follow instructions. When cooking, go by your own taste.
By that theory, I guess I’ll always remain a good cook and a very average baker. And strangely, am not ruffled at the idea. But I am strangely proud of having learnt the skill after I resolved that I would earlier.
And in true me fashion, I used the oven to first bake savory dishes instead of starting with a cake 🙂
Actually who are we kidding, it’s usually all about the hair. Sporting a new hairdo and feeling the loss of half the length of my hair. That’s saying something coz I have hip length hair.
My stylist is so bold with her hair choices and constantly makes me feel like a bloody wimp for not having the guts to experiment.
Drove a plane this morning. The BMW 730LD actually. Couldn’t get enough of testing all the gesture control features. I kept pinching, swiping and twirling my fingers to test some of the bomb features this car sports. Pretty damn neat actually.
Couldn’t help think that I find all this automation a bit like the rise of the robots. I can’t get behind the idea of cars that would drive themselves. After all the thrill of the drive is in the way the driver steers the car and feels while steering it, isn’t it?
Black Panther has been watched and I can hardly wait for ‘Infinity War’. If you’ve known me for even a space of a week, one probably figures out my – let’s call it love for all things superheroes. Exhibit A: I count helping decorate the ex’s office cabin as pictured below a couple of years earlier as one of my biggest achievements till date 🤪.
I’m digressing. Black Panther is a kind of spectacle I have never witnessed on screen earlier. And as I was telling P that since all Marvel movies till now have had villains with some galactic angle in their stories, this was just so real. I’m totally on a movie high!!
May 2018!! Can you get here soon enough?!!
Birthdays usually leave me feeling overwhelmed and my heart brimming with a whole lot of gratitude and an understanding of the amount of love I have earned.
Wishing for a year filled with love, luck, laughs (plenty hopefully), kisses, surprises, new learnings, enlightening and silly conversations, lots of money, tastebuds getting treated to brilliant lunches brunches and dinners along with pretty cocktails and heady liquors (but I sincerely wish that none of them show their lasting effects on the waist 🤞🏻).
Happiness is a desk full of gifts waiting for you when you get back from a meeting. My boys are the best. And in the spirit of honesty I’m strangely proud of the “Best Mum” coffee mug 🍷.