There are days when the heart craves the excitement of travel or the joys of an adventure filled day. Such days get all the attention and pictures. But then what about the other days? Days when the soul just needs a quiet home, multiple cups of coffee, a lovely book, two donuts (ok! three donuts from Krispy Kreme), some favourite Hrishikesh Mukherjee movies and Yashraj music. Today has been just such a day.
A day that was soulfully joyful and fulfilling.
A question Thankie claims I’ve posed like clockwork for the past 9 years as the clock has inched towards 1PM on days when I’m in office. And if the idiot is to be believed, he claimed that the way to identify I’m having a slow day is if I’ve posed the previously discussed question to him during my 11:30 break. 🤦🏻♀️
Apparently it’d be rude to trounce friends.
But reading one of your literary heroes’ autobiographies will I promise, make you feel things.
It’s wonderful that as life has progressed, some of the joys it offers have still remained magical. And thankfully my heart warms up to them with the same intensity as it has done forever.
- The smell of rain on fresh baked earth.
- The smell of freshly brewed coffee and how the first sip makes me feel every single morning.
- That day in spring where the world turns into the freshest shade of green.
- A really good kiss. (Isnt it weird as to how rare these are!)
- Puppies and the way they make your soul smile.
- Time spent in the company of friends with whom you can be your self. The conversations, the laughs and that feeling of being completely safe.
- My moms cooking.
- Movie marathons with the sibling.
- The sound of the ocean (or a river or the lapping sounds at the edge of a lake).
- The feeling of hot water running down your back in the shower on a cold day.
- The smell of a library.
- Looking through treasures(and pictures) collected over the course of my travels.
- Driving really fast on an empty road while the rest of the world is asleep.
- And every single time this happens.
Btw, on a completely unrelated note, I’m loving all the inmyfeelingschallenge videos. Great fun.
Kiki do you love me?🎧
Having sushi home delivered from a favourite restaurant for Sunday lunch when you are in no mood to cook. And advantage #71516 of living by yourself would be eating the home delivered sushi in bed while watching a show on Netflix.
At mums insistence ended up having a conversation with someone looking for a simple&sweet girl today and was quite surprised at hearing myself saying – “I can be sweet sometimes but I’m definitely not a simple girl. It’s just not my style”.
Wonder why I hadn’t thought of that earlier?
Scooby and the sil are on vacay and have been flooding my phone with such gorgeous pictures. Sikkim looks like heaven. And it’s bringing back memories from Bhutan.
In the meantime, I’m endlessly drooling at Kangana’s Cannes looks. She’s spectacular!!!