And I suppose there are a few things I could probably care less about in life in the coming year.
- Like my aversion to terrible grammar (especially the ones I find glaring out from the front pages of reputed newspapers).
- The reaction of anyone who finds out that you returned from a holiday and instead of being happy or interested, proceeds to ask how much the trip cost. Another variant of this crappy behaviour involves cute clothes. The first reaction being, “Where did you pick it up?” and immediately followed by a “How much did it cost?” And usually ending with “I cant believe you would just drop that much money for this piece!!”
- Those posts people put up referring to “my little princess/prince”. For the love of God!! Could you call your kids anything else!! A prince/princess is by definition a person who can never live life how they want. EVER!! And does anyone who brings a child into the world intend for them to become a passive, dependent, pampered ornament?
- Anyone who says that they find my life incredibly lucky and make pointed comments about everything in my ecosystem. Like as if every one of those items is not a by product of nose bleed inducing amounts of work, extreme practical choices and just plain old will power.
- People who meet you after a year and notice your waistline looking smaller who immediately proceed to ask you “What did you do?” instead of simply saying “You look nice. Looks like the hardwork paid off”.
- Most of the stupid things millennials do (this is specifically to preserve my forehead from further damage due to excessive facepalming 🤦🏻♀️)
I’m not promising anything. But I’m going to try and handle these situations with some grace.
In the meantime, my weekend is looking all sorts of cozy at the moment.
We can’t jump off bridges anymore because our iPhones will get ruined. We can’t take skinny dips in the ocean because there’s no service on the beach and adventures aren’t real unless they’re on Instagram. Technology has doomed the spontaneity of adventure and we’re helping destroy it every time we Google, check-in, and hashtag.
This picture that my cousin shared this morning, of his dog wading in the creek behind their home in order to fetch a stick has got to one of the loveliest things I have received on my phone to date. How bizarre then that I stumbled upon this amazing quote on the same day.
I love the DC superheroes individually. But no one does collaborations better than Marvel.
These forwards I got from Ninu yesterday kept me screaming with laughter.
We need more tables dotted with gorgeous desserts, ringing with conversations and laughter in our lives. 🤞🏻🤞🏻is an apt name for a group chat after the maniacal laughter it has generated all evening.
Just think about it. They have a problem putting in the effort required to type the letter ‘o’. The scarier idea is they don’t think it’s necessary.
I’m remembering my auntie’s breakfast table complete with these homemade goodies served with gorgeous cutlery.